Only a strong, growing economy will allow us to realize our plans. It is the foundation for the growth of of our citizens wealth. A stable industrial frame was formed in the region, a progress was made in the agricultural sector. The region is the 12th largest in terms of gross regional product in the country. At the same time, we occupy only 18th place for investments in fixed assets, and 36th for salaries.The economic recovery, the creation of new high-tech jobs with high wages, the growth of labor productivity are important tasks that I set for the regional government and the business community.
Alexey Leonidovich Teksler
Distance to Moscow
Moscow—Chelyabinsk — 2 hours 25 minutes
Area of the Region
88,5 thousand sq km
Geographical location and climate
1163 K people
413 K people
174 K people
166 K people
|Sunny days||Average annual rainfall|
|Average January temperature||Average July temperature|
|Agricultural period||Snow cover duration|
|7 months||5 months|
- 4955,4 million t
- 301,8 tonnes
- 4447,8 thousand t
- Brown coal
- 521,2 million t
Agroclimatic resources 80% of the Chelyabinsk region is suitable for agricultural work.
Predominant part of farmlands is black soil. Production of grain, dairy and beef cattle and sheep breeding are located in steppe and forest-steppe zones.
Recreational Resources High tourist potential of the region is unique natural landscape complex - scenic mountains and lakes, forests, caves, natural healing springs.
The regions consists of:
- 5 specially protected natural territories of federal significance;
- 3 natural reserves – Ilmensky State Nature Reserve named after V.I. Lenin (Uralsky department of the Russian Academy of Sciences with branch office «Arkaim»), East Ural State Nature Reserve and part of South-Ural State Nature Reserve.
- 2 National parks – “Taganay” and “Zuraktul”
- 153 specially protected natural territories of local significance;
- 20 wildlife sanctuaries;
- 132 natural monument including 15 caves;
- health resort and etc.